Today is just a quick post as I wanted to share with you the wedding pop-up box I’ve made some time ago during one of my Facebook live classes
It is not very often I get to make a birthday cards for kids. Although I’m making lots of cards for welcoming babies or for maternity showers, the children cards where never my thing and I don’t even have as much supplies with kids themes, apart from freebies, which were included in craft magazines.
So when I had to make a card for ten years old boy I was a bit uncertain whether I will managed to make something nice and at the same time something enjoyable for the boy at this age.
At first I had totally no idea, what to do. It was a short time notice, so I was nervously rumble through my stuff trying to find anything suitable for this card. I was thinking about football or maybe some wild animals theme and then I stumble upon a paper with star design, which I had as a free gift in one of the magazines. I had it for such a long time that I even forgot about it. But in the very same second I looked on it I automatically thought abut space rocket card.
I remembered myself I also had a rocket stamp, which I have stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with pencils, adding some gamsol. I really like this technique as it really brings coloured images to life. Then I’ve decided to make it even more stand out, so I cover the whole image with embossing ink and sprinkle it with Wow embossing powder in Clear Sparkle Glitter shade.
I also cut out couple stars and added banner with that boy name along with number 10 for his birthday. The number are from Spellbinders Alphabet die.
To make it more special I decided to make this a free standing card, so I make it an easel card.
The phrase “Sto lat”, which is a polish version of Happy birthday I simply printed on a piece of cardstock and cut it out with star die.
List of supplies:
- Creative Stamping issue 21 – Fabulous 50’s: https://www.moremags.com/issue21-creative-stamping
- Creative Expressions – border die: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sue-Wilson-Indian-Collection-Corners/dp/B01LWBL5Q7/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=creative+expressions+indian+ocean&qid=1564437369&s=gateway&sr=8-4
- Wow embossing powder: https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/ws15-clear-sparkle-142-p.asp
- Crop-A-Dile tool: https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Memory-Keepers-Tools-Crop/dp/B001EWPYXG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=crop+a+dile&qid=1564437852&s=gateway&sr=8-1
- Spellbinders Alphabet die: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spellbinders-Shapeabilities-Dies-Etched-Alphabet-Numbers/dp/B013XWA7Y0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2SUOUQJHYCL4Q&keywords=spellbinders+alphabet+dies&qid=1564437965&s=gateway&sprefix=spellbinders+a%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2
- Memento black ink: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tsukineko-Memento-Dye-Ink-Pad/dp/B002GB237E/ref=sr_1_5?crid=250S6PI3FET2U&keywords=memento+black+ink+pad&qid=1564438111&s=gateway&sprefix=memento+%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-5
Hello my Sunshines,
Today I have something special to share with you. I’ve just completed another video tutorial. As some of you may know, we had a flu invasion at my home, so I just didn’t managed to film another canvas for my Mindful Monday series. I had a couple of cards to make so I thought, why not film them and share it with you.
Here is a photo of the box I’ve made for my dear friend John for his birthday and I hope that he will enjoy it.
Here is the link to my video tutorial:
And here is a photo of the inside of this box:
The box was made from a single piece of card, which I have cut to the size of 7 1/2 inch tall (19 cm) and 10 3/4 inch wide (27,3 cm), and then I have scored at 3 1/2 inch (9 cm), 4 inch (10,2 cm), 7 1/2 inch (19 cm) and 8 inch (20,3 cm). I have cut a two additional pieces in size 2 1/2 inch (6,5 cm) by 1 1/2 inch (3,9 cm) and scored them every half an inch on a shorter side (every 1,3 cm)
List of supplies:
TPC Studio, Heartfelt Travel Collection – Postcards
The Paper Company Cardstock 12 x 12 – Parchment Blue
Unknown 12 x 12 shiny, leather effect card
Dovecraft – Lace Doilies
Scrapiniec – Decorative chipboards Id4648
Unknown clear stamp set
Creative Expressions – Shaded Peony Stamp
Creative Expressions – Perfect Peony Complete Petals Die
Creative Expressions – Indian Ocean Collection – Tag Duo
Spellbinders Shapeabilities – Romantic Vines
Stampendous embossing powder – Detail Copper Opaque
Couple of pearls and handmade ink sprays