It is not very often I get to make a birthday cards for kids. Although I’m making lots of cards for welcoming babies or for maternity showers, the children cards where never my thing and I don’t even have as much supplies with kids themes, apart from freebies, which were included in craft magazines.
So when I had to make a card for ten years old boy I was a bit uncertain whether I will managed to make something nice and at the same time something enjoyable for the boy at this age.
At first I had totally no idea, what to do. It was a short time notice, so I was nervously rumble through my stuff trying to find anything suitable for this card. I was thinking about football or maybe some wild animals theme and then I stumble upon a paper with star design, which I had as a free gift in one of the magazines. I had it for such a long time that I even forgot about it. But in the very same second I looked on it I automatically thought abut space rocket card.
I remembered myself I also had a rocket stamp, which I have stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with pencils, adding some gamsol. I really like this technique as it really brings coloured images to life. Then I’ve decided to make it even more stand out, so I cover the whole image with embossing ink and sprinkle it with Wow embossing powder in Clear Sparkle Glitter shade.
I also cut out couple stars and added banner with that boy name along with number 10 for his birthday. The number are from Spellbinders Alphabet die.
To make it more special I decided to make this a free standing card, so I make it an easel card.
The phrase “Sto lat”, which is a polish version of Happy birthday I simply printed on a piece of cardstock and cut it out with star die.
List of supplies:
- Creative Stamping issue 21 – Fabulous 50’s: https://www.moremags.com/issue21-creative-stamping
- Creative Expressions – border die: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sue-Wilson-Indian-Collection-Corners/dp/B01LWBL5Q7/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=creative+expressions+indian+ocean&qid=1564437369&s=gateway&sr=8-4
- Wow embossing powder: https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/ws15-clear-sparkle-142-p.asp
- Crop-A-Dile tool: https://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Memory-Keepers-Tools-Crop/dp/B001EWPYXG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=crop+a+dile&qid=1564437852&s=gateway&sr=8-1
- Spellbinders Alphabet die: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spellbinders-Shapeabilities-Dies-Etched-Alphabet-Numbers/dp/B013XWA7Y0/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2SUOUQJHYCL4Q&keywords=spellbinders+alphabet+dies&qid=1564437965&s=gateway&sprefix=spellbinders+a%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2
- Memento black ink: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tsukineko-Memento-Dye-Ink-Pad/dp/B002GB237E/ref=sr_1_5?crid=250S6PI3FET2U&keywords=memento+black+ink+pad&qid=1564438111&s=gateway&sprefix=memento+%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-5